EVOLUTION 3 FINGER JOINT CUTTERSEvolution 3 is a specifically engineered performance coating that is applied by vapor deposition at only .00025” (.0064mm) thickness.
- Evolution 3 finger joint cutters have the same geometry and tolerances as the standard AceCo M2 HSS finger joint cutters.
- Fiber savings is a major benefit with Evolution 3 finger joint cutters. During production, finger joint length growth is minimized for a consistent finger joint geometry and material savings.
- Provides a cutting edge that is harder than tungsten carbide, but without the brittleness.
- Harder than hard chrome plating and with the ability to provide a uniform thickness at the cutting edge, Evolution 3 finger joint cutters retain the true cutting tool geometry. Conversely, chrome (bath) plating forms edge buildup at the corners, not reflective of the true part shape.
- Can be sharpened using a CBN wheel, no diamond wheel required.
- Evolution 3 Coating can be applied to most cutting tools including knife steel or wear parts.